Monday, March 10, 2014

33rd Annual Open Juried Show

It’s that time of year again when art communities and galleries around the Southwest begin to start opening their venues to host annual art shows and exhibitions.  Every year Pomona Valley Art Association and Gallery SOHO open their doors and invite hundreds of local artists in celebrating, sharing and awarding the very best regionally produced artwork; when they host their annual Open Juried Show.

I am happy to announce that I will be part of PVAA’s 33rd Annual Open Juried Show which will run April 10-13, 2014! I will be involved not only as an entrant in the show, but also as a volunteer on take-in day.  Last year I volunteered for this event and had such a blast meeting local and regional artists as they brought in their entries for judging. 


This is my entry for the OJS and will be made available for sale during the show dates. I am entering it in the ‘Pastel, pencil, charcoal, ink’ category.  It is entitled ‘The Warmth Of Your Mystery’ and was created entirely in pastel pencils.  It measures 11”x15” (not including matting and frame).

For additional information regarding the 33rd Annual Open Juried Show, show times, awards reception, etc. you will find all of this information and more by following this link: www.pvaa.net

Here’s to the beauty and excitement of the 2014 art season! SL

Desert Landing

As I sit here this morning with coffee in tow, I am looking out my kitchen windows and across yet another beautiful eastern Arizona sky. Th...