Monday, July 14, 2014

Art Within Art

There is something so magical about a personal opening night art reception.  All the prior preparation and creativity, emails to family and friends, social shares and blog updates; all culminating into that very night.  For me it’s a feeling unmatched by anything else in my creative realm.  Fear and insecurity mixed with hope, anticipation, and gratitude.  The painted pieces of my soul on full display for the curious is an incredibly humbling endeavor and one that I highly recommend; if you are ever afforded the opportunity.



Opening night of my final art show in Southern California did not disappoint.  I had the amazing opportunity to show and sell my art at 2nd. Story Gallery in the historic Walker House in San Dimas, California; and the outcome went so far beyond any of my expectations.  The Walker House is an amazing piece of art, in and of itself.  I was amazed and in awe of the fine craftsmanship that had been built many years ago, and as I curiously walked through the halls and into the many rooms.  If you are a history buff like me and have not visited Walker House, I highly recommend you doing so.
 
 
 
 
 
I met so many amazing people who came out to partake in the gallery’s opening reception, had the chance to catch up with fellow PVAA artists, and made a few new art contacts to boot!  This experience will stay with me for a long time.
 
 
 
 
 

I will be wrapping up my final art show with 2nd. Story Gallery, Friday, July 18th and Saturday, July 19th. I will be there from 5:30-8:30 p.m.  Additional information such as directions and parking information for the Walker House can be found in the links above.

Here’s to being part of art within art! SL

Desert Landing

As I sit here this morning with coffee in tow, I am looking out my kitchen windows and across yet another beautiful eastern Arizona sky. Th...