Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Natural Expressions

Most days I'm thinking about painting, planning a painting, or throwing paint onto something. There are times however that I need a break from easel and brush. And when I do need a breather from the aforementioned, I still need an avenue of creativity. Photography plays well into this diversion.

I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination nor do I ever envision myself pursuing such a craft as my only mode of creativity. But I do absolutely adore black and white photography and I love to find interesting places and things to photograph.


Angeles National Forest - Santa Clarita, California

I've also discovered that when I'm most inclined to grab my trusty little eight year old point-and-shoot, is when I am outside. The great and wonderous outdoors absolutely lends itself to black and white photography.


Angeles National Forest - Santa Clarita California
 
No posing...no props...no lighting issues. Just a day with nature's miraculous canvas. Pure heaven.

Kensington Metropark - Milford, Michigan
 
Commerce Township, Michigan
 
Here's to embracing the many ways and means of creativity! S.L.
 

Desert Landing

As I sit here this morning with coffee in tow, I am looking out my kitchen windows and across yet another beautiful eastern Arizona sky. Th...