Sunday, February 15, 2015

Where They Began

As I sit here creating this document for publication, I'm still struck by the fact that it's been six years since I seriously started creating my feminine inspired artwork. I can't fully explain how I came to put brush to canvas and then to begin on this journey of absolute adoration, but I do know that it started with a love of abstract artwork and a whole lot of inspiration from the women in my life.

2009 was a pivitol year in my life for reasons that have long since lost their gravity and importance, and also a year that I was tossing around the idea of who I was as an artist and what I wanted to convey through my artwork. I was at a crossroads and staring at that definitive line of "it's now or never" in every stretch of the imagination. I chose now....thankfully...

Below are the original four pieces that accompanied me into a world that to this day I do not know what I would do without, and had seen me through a hell of a lot of internal struggle over the years. They allowed me to express myself in ways that I never could have imagined that I'd ever be able to, and put a peace in my heart and soul that no conventional means ever could. These originals have long since been sold or gifted, and I am so grateful and thankful that they hang in homes from Michigan to North Carolina to California.


'Strings'
 
 
'The Queen of Hearts'


'Mardi Gras'
 
 
'Jamie's Song'
 

Here's to the beauty and the healing of reflection! S.L.
 


Desert Landing

As I sit here this morning with coffee in tow, I am looking out my kitchen windows and across yet another beautiful eastern Arizona sky. Th...